Monday, February 17, 2014

Acupuncture Treatment for Children

Did you know that acupuncture can help children too? I have a 5 year old boy that came in for treatment for acid re-flux that was extremely painful and deeply worried his parents on what to do for him. After only 3 treatments and an herbal formula, the re-flux is gone and he is pain free.

I've also treated a 9 year old for juvenile arthritis which is dramatically worse during his growth spurts. In conjunction with his rhumatologist, we have developed a treatment plan that eases his pain during times of growth and has eliminated it otherwise. This child came in for treatment daily for the first week and then twice a week for a couple months. Now I see him during his growth times. 

As most of us know kids seem to get a lot of colds and I see many children for this. Often I do cupping therapy for colds on children.

A 11 year old girl has been receiving treatment for the sadness she feels from being bullied at school. She is able to process these emotions through acupuncture. 

A 15 year old boy with cluster migraines for several months came in and through pulse balancing his migraines have not returned and he said to me, "I feel like I can just be myself again".

I think as adults we often think children have it easy, but they get stressed and have pain and heartache too. Through the treatment of acupuncture they can better process and digest their lives so they well adjusted people as they get older, instead of holding onto baggage that they don't need.


Jennifer Parks, L.AC.
Jade Star Acupuncture

No comments: